A Wedding is a special day in the couples’ life. Photographs help preserve the images for posterity. Wedding photography editing creates an asset you keep going back to.
Post processing of photographs is very integral to the photographic world today. The craving for the perfect photograph has led us to the intricate world of photography editing. Let us take a look at the work flow process of a typical wedding shoot.
The process flow of editing wedding photographs
Let us follow through with a work flow that works in creating a perfect wedding photograph portfolio. SSG InfoService is one of the best photo editing service provider company in India.
- It is a good start to set up your images in Camera Raw as it is a solid foundation towards editing in Photoshop. Adjust the colour, temperature and exposure if needed. Then the shadows slider can be set between +30 to +80 to make the highlights a little dull. The shadows can be adjusted to be very flat and in nearly the same tonal zone as the mid-tones. The image now looks ugly and boring. The image needs to be flattened before photoshopping to ensure that all the toning and techniques used in the process will provide the right contrast.
- The healing brush should be used to remove any distractions from the composition , The same technique can be used to Even out blemishes and imperfections in skin tone of the guests and the bridal couple courtesy editing wedding photographs.
- It is good to use about 15% opacity on the clone stamp to lighten backgrounds, especially on areas where there is not much detail. It is a good tool to blend transitions in natural shots.
- Dodging and burning helps you to shape the light to your liking. The least intrusive way would be to use one curve adjustment layer set to a darker exposure while another is set to a lighter one. Then use the layer mask tool, dodge and burn to your satisfaction. It is an easy way to make the subject stand out.
- It is a great trick to open a black and white layer and blend with setting at soft light. Moderate the contrast with opacity art about 30-60%. The image will be sharp and professional.
- Once you are done with the black and white layer, tone your photographs using colour balance adjustment layers. Blues, reds, magentas, yellows can be used to great effect. The tool offers scope of experimentation and once you adjust the saturation, hue and contrast you will end up with ethereally stunning edited wedding photographs.
- The curve adjustment layer can add an extra dimension to your high key images.
- Maybe the most effective tool in editing wedding photographs is the layer mask. Many a time you may not want your edits to be global. By using layer masks you can tone, doge or burn only a tiny part of the entire picture to even out or highlight the tone of a limb, face etc.
Natural is beautiful, but editing wedding photographs is a great tool to preserve perfection for posterity. You want good memories, not glitches to keep as keepsakes!
Contact SSG InfoService for photo editing service #http://www.ssginfoservice.com/wedding-photo-editing-services.html